Laminate Flooring Installation Instruction
The Locking System replaces the traditional method of joining boards by gluing the tongue and groove together. With the Locking System joint, the boards are locked together with almost invisible joins.
The rows of boards align themselves automatically, so you avoid any gaps when lying.
Instead, Locking System joins together quickly, easily and firmly, giving perfect results that withstand tough use and last throughout the life of the floor.
Because Locking System floors are laid without glue, the boards can also be easily separated and re-laid elsewhere.
The climatic conditions in the room need to be maintained before, during and after laying according to the conditions “acclimatizing”.
All sub-floors must be prepared for installation in accordance with normal sub-floor preparation procedures and to accepted tolerances within the flooring industry.
Check the sub-floors to see if they specifically meet the following requirements:
Evenness (max. 3mm tolerance per meter)
Stable and of sound condition
A 0.2mm damp proof membrane must be placed over the full area of all concrete floors and stone floors, strips must overlap by at least 20cm directly under the joints.
We recommend the use of a sound proofing underlay, the strips should not overlap, with products which have an impact and room sound insulation incorporated, it is not necessary to have an additional insulating underlay.
Laminate flooring should be always installed as a flooring system.
Boards must not be fixed to the sub-floor in any way.
Short joints should be staggered by a minimum of 200mm.
Always allow for expansion gaps of 8 – 10mm min between the floor and all walls and unites.
In all doorways, throughways and single rooms larger than 100mm length and/or width additional expansion gaps must be allowed for at these points and covered with an expansion profile.
1. Check all boards for possible damages/defects before installation. Start installing the first row of boards in the left-hand corner of the room with both grooved sides of the boards facing the wall; ensure the tongue section of the board is sawn off when they are facing the wall on the expansion spacers against the wall.
2. Fit the boards in the first row together by lightly tapping with a hammer and tapping block (short side). Mark to size, then cut to size. Start required length (lay tongue to tongue), mark to size, then cut to size. Start the second row with the remaining piece of the board from the first row as long as it is at least 200mm long. The following rows will also be started with remaining piece of the previous row. Attention! Boards should always be staggered by a minimum of 200mm on the short joint.
3. Boards are installed in such a way that the tongue of the already installed panel engages into the groove of the new boards. In order to achieve this you have to evenly install the panel with the grooves facing the tongues of the already installed elements. Close it with a tapping block and hammer by means of lighting tapping, always close the laminated flooring boards on the short side first and then on the long side from right to left, always use an appropriate tapping block for the installation.
4. You can now lay board after board, row after row. The last board of each row is installed in the correct position using a heel bar.
5. In order to mark the last row of boards for scribing, take the new board and place it exactly on top of the row before last. Using an off cut of a board (element width + edge joint width) it is possible to transfer the wall profile to the board within a pre-chosen distance. Always allow for the minimum expansion gap when scribing along walls.
6. Assembling skills
The gap between the long sides and the wall can be adjusted later, when three rows have been laid.
Press the next board at an angle to the first and at the same time laid it onto the floor. The rows align themselves automatically.
Cut the last board in the first row to the correct length, and start the next row with the piece left over.
Press the board at an angle to the board in front. Push the board forwards, simultaneously pressing it down gradually onto the floor.
Press a laying wedge under the end of the previously laid board. Press the end of the next board in at an angle, and lay it flat.
Using a tapping block, tap in the board’s long edge carefully until it fits snugly.
Fitting around pipes
a) Measure the position of the pipes and mark it on the panel (allow for edge joint).
b) Drill a hole at least 16mm wider than a diameter of the pipe.
c) Saw towards the holes at a 45°angle.
d) Fit and glue the sawn piece in place.
– Attach felt protection pads to the legs of the furniture.
– Ensure heavy furniture is lifted when being moved.
– Furniture and chair castors should be the “soft” castor type.
– Never submit your floor to wet cleaning only use a damp cloth.
– Do not use abrasive cleaning materials.
– Do not sand or wax the floor.
– Contact your supplier for a more comprehensive guide to cleaning and care.
Please don’t forget to complete accessories installation, which is very important to perfect your entire decoration and protect your flooring.
Power Dekor offers a wide variety of accessories including profile, skirting and connectors which are designed according to the strictest quality standards for your selection, for each individual decor of Power Dekor flooring, you can find a matching color to complete your decorating.
© 2021 Power Dekor